Call for Submissions
Deadline: December 18, 2015
The Asian American Policy Review (AAPR) at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government is now accepting submissions for its 26th edition, to be published in the spring of 2016. Founded in 1989, AAPR is the first non-partisan academic journal in the country dedicated to analyzing public policy issues facing the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community.
We seek submissions exploring 1) the social, economic and political factors impacting the AAPI community and 2) the role of AAPI individuals and communities in analyzing, shaping, and implementing public policy. We strongly encourage submissions from artists, creative, and writers of all backgrounds, including scholars, policy makers, civil servants, advocates, and organizers.
The AAPR will select submissions for publication based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of topic to AAPI issues and timeliness to current debates
- Originality of ideas and depth of research
- Sophistication and style of argument
- Contribution to scholarship and debates on AAPI issues
- All submissions must be previously unpublished and based on original work
- All submissions must be formatted according to The Chicago Manual of Style
- Authors are required to cooperate with editing and fact-checking and to comply with AAPR’s mandated deadlines. Authors who fail to meet these requirements may not be published
- All submissions must include a cover letter with (1) author’s name, (2) mailing address, (3) email address, (4) phone number, and (5) a brief biography of no more than 300 words
- Research articles should be 4,000 to 7,000 words in length and include a 100 word abstract
- Commentaries should be 1,500 to 3,000 words in length
- Media, Film, and Book Reviews should be 800 to 1,000 words in length.
- Abstracts for proposed pieces will also be accepted. Final acceptance will be based upon production of a full submission.
- Artwork. This includes graphic design, installation pieces, photography, and paintings. Please contact the AAPR for more information regarding submission guidelines.
- Creative Writing pieces should be 500 to 7,000 words in length. This includes short stories, poetry, and excerpts from larger works of all genres.
- Short films and documentaries to be featured on our website. Please contact the AAPR for more information regarding submission guidelines.
- All figures, tables, and charts must be clear, easy to understand, and submitted as separate files.
Email submissions and any questions you may have to: email@example.com